JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• As a Commis, you are also expected to comply with the conditions of the food hygiene policies.
• Assist management in hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, counselling, motivating and coaching employees serve as a role model.
• Accepting store deliveries are also part of the Commis I Chef duties.
• Coordinate and participate with other sections of requirements, cleanliness, wastage and cost control.
• Control food stock and food cost in his section/kitchen.
• Cook food and prepare top-quality menu items in a timely manner.
• Communicate assistance needed during busy periods.
• Commis I Chef are also required to ensure that all stocks are well maintained.
• Commis I also ensure that mise-en place for food preparation is completed in your section.
• Ensure the quality of the food items.
• Ensure the highest standards and consistent quality in the daily preparation and keep up to date with the new products, recipes and preparation techniques
• Ensure and prepare mise-en-place for banquets and restaurant buffets as per the F.P
• Ensure the proper sanitation and cleanliness of surfaces and storage containers.
• Ensure constant innovation in buffet preparation and presentation.
• Follow and maintain cleanliness and good hygiene practices in the kitchen.
• Inform Chef of excess food items for use in daily specials.
• Inform F&B service staff of available items and available chef special menu.
• Keep work area at all times in hygienic conditions according to the rules set by the hotel
• Monitor the quality and quantity of food that is prepared.
• Operate kitchen equipment safely and responsibly.
• Prepare the daily mise-en-place and food production in different sections of the main pantry or satellites.
• Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist.
• Prepare fresh ingredients for cooking according to recipes/menu.
• Responsible to maintain food logs.
• Support the Demi Chef de Partie or Commis II in the daily operation and work.
• Test foods to ensure proper preparation and temperature.
• To be present in the assigned kitchen as and when required and also an internal transfer after 2-3 months in others as per management policy.
• To assist chef de partie in preparing food according to the requirements or recipes or standards, and the specifications for his department.
• To assist chef with chopping, packing and helping/learning with dishes.
• Attend the training being conducted and implement in daily operations and improve the quality of food.
• You would need to follow the cleaning schedules for the kitchen and clean the section and other areas as directed.
• Work according to the menu specifications by the Chef de Partie.
• Need to be flexible and willing to help other departments at busy times as and when required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
High school graduated, vocation training in relations with the restaurant service industry is probable.
Minimum of 1year of working experience F&B Culinary Department.
PROFESSIONAL TRAINING REVIEW
To be aware of:
– Food preparation and appearance.
– health & safety regulations.
– Standard Operating Procedures related to F&B Culinary.